Add spirit and state pride with California flag toothpicks. Flag toothpicks are an excellent way to add an extra surprise to cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. In fact, you can stick these cute little picks just about anywhere to add color and reinforce your theme for a Golden State party.
- 100 count
- Toothpick: 2.5" long
- Flag: 1.5" wide x 1" tall
- Paper flag on wood pick
Note: As with all official flags, the reverse side is a mirror image of the front. For this reason, any lettering on the reverse side is backwards.
The official flag of the state of California, aka The Bear Flag, features a red star (upper left), a grizzly bear walking on green grass (facing to the left or hoist side), and "CALIFORNIA REPUBLIC" on a white background with a red stripe across the bottom. The California flag was adopted in 1911 influenced by the California Lone Star Flag used in the first revolution against Mexican rule.
The original Bear Flag was first raised in the California Republic in 1846, only to be replaced less than a month later by the Stars & Stripes when California was claimed as a territory of the United States. The bear on the current flag was drawn from the last wild Californian grizzly bear in captivity, named Monarch, now mounted and preserved on display at Golden Gate State Park. PRODUCT FEATURES:
- The state flag of California aka The Bear Flag on wood toothpicks.
- The California flag features a single red star, a red stripe along the bottom, a bear and the words CALIFORNIA REPUBLIC.
- 100 count of paper flags on wood toothpicks; Flag: 1.5"W x 1"H, Pick: 2.5"L.
- Use flag toothpicks to add an extra little surprise and color to cocktail garnishes and hors d'oeuvres.
- Introduce spirit and state patriotism to national, political and sporting events; skewer cocktail garnishes, cheeseburgers, seafood, pizza & avocados.