|Throwing exceptional and memorable cocktail parties is simply knowing what to do and how to do it. A fun and engaging party for the guests that appears effortless and natural requires discipline, rules, planning and work.
We detail every aspect of accomplishing great cocktail parties on PartySwizzle.com, and it starts with these guidelines:
Add a little personality and follow these steps for success. Now let's Get This Party Started!
- 12 or more guests – the party will take on a life of its own at 12 people
- 2 hours in length -- start & end on schedule…guests will learn to be prompt to your parties
- No children.
- Hors d'oeuvres passed on a tray – adds elegance and intrigue to any party
- No sitting – sitting is counterproductive to mingling, which is the point
- Cocktails served in glasses – ice tinkling is delightful, and how chic is plastic?
- Diverse music – variety adds interest & allows something special for every taste
- Subtle decorations – strategically placed accents will make lasting impressions