Easy Cheesy Jack O’Lantern Sliders
Ravenous trick-or-treaters will light up with glee to see this classic American favorite with a Halloween twist in jovial miniature form.
Cook Time: 24 minutes
Preparation Level: Moderate
- Measuring spoons
- Medium and small mixing bowl
- Paring knife or Jack o’Lantern cookie cutters
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 8 (3-inch) buns or rolls, split in half
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat a skillet on medium heat or griddle to 350 degrees F.
- Set a cheese slice on a cutting board and create Jack O’Lantern faces with a cookie cutter or paring knife. Cut 8 slices and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, and salt.
- Add ground chuck to a large mixing bowl, then knead in the seasoning mixture a little at a time, mixing thoroughly.
- Separate into eight small balls and flatten slightly.
- Cook burgers, about 3 minutes per side.
- Spread a small amount of Dijon mustard on the bottom halves and add other dressings if desired.
- Add the hot burger patties and top with cheese slices.
- Arrnge the jolly Jack O'Lanterns on a serving tray with the buns to the side.
Swizzle Trick: Add a Jack O'Lantern LED Ice Cube to light-up your light-hearted cheery cheesy presentation.