Yummy Mummy Pizza Bites
There’s nothing uncanny about devouring this glowering pizza-faced dead guy. Even picky eaters will eye this tasty tidbit with “wrapped” attention. Always a hit!
Servings: 32 bites
Oven Temperature: 350 F
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Preparation Level: Easy
- Nonstick baking sheet
- Paring knife
- Thin round loaf of French bread or baguette
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 64 black olives slices (16-24 whole olives)
- Scallions or bell pepper
- 12 oz mozzarella slices
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Slice scallions or bell peppers into tiny slivers, small enough to fit in the center of the sliced black olive rounds
- Slice baguette into 1/2" pieces and arrange on a nonstick baking sheet. If using a regular pan, cover with aluminum foil.
- Spread one tablespoon of marinara sauce onto each piece of bread.
- Gently press sliced black olives into the sauce and bread as eyes.
- Insert small pieces of scallions or bell peppers for pupils. Add a flourish of personality to each creation by using the green and white parts of the scallions or red, green, yellow, and orange peppers
- Cut mozzarella into strips and lay across muffins to imitate mummy wrapping. Trim, as needed, create varying size strips to prevent touching the bottom of the pan.
- Bake until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
Swizzle Trick: Add some fluffy spiders or other items from the crypt to your serving tray for a fun presentation.