Add spirit and patriotism with Spanish flag toothpicks. Flag toothpicks are an excellent way to add an extra surprise to cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. In fact, you can stick these cute little picks just about anywhere to add color and reinforce your theme for a Red Fury, La Tomatina, or Running of the Bulls party.
- 100 count
- Toothpick: 2.5" long
- Flag: 1.5" wide x 1" tall
- Paper flag on wood pick
The official flag of Spain, aka la Rojigualda, consists of a horizontal yellow stripe in the center and 1 red stripe on the top and 1 red stripe on the bottom, each half the height of the yellow stripe, featuring the coat of arms of Spain offset from the center toward the hoist side. The Spanish flag with the current coat of arms was adopted in 1981, but originated from the maritime flag created by King Charles III in 1785.
Because Spain was frequently at war with other European countries, the majority of which had predominantly white flags, King Charles III ordered a new maritime flag for Spain that was easily identifiable from great distances. The new war and merchant ensign used red and yellow stripes, which represented the territories of the Crown of Aragon. The red and yellow/gold flag was re-established during the Spanish Civil War in 1936, with the present day coat of arms added in 1981. PRODUCT FEATURES:
- The national flag of Spain aka la Rojigualda on wood toothpicks.
- The Spanish flag features 3 horizontal stripes of 2 of red on the edges and 1 yellow, double in size, in the center with the coat of arms offset to the hoist side.
- 100 count of paper flags on wood toothpicks; Flag: 1.5"W x 1"H, Pick: 2.5"L.
- Use flag toothpicks to add an extra little surprise and color to cocktail garnishes and hors d'oeuvres.
- Introduce spirit & patriotism to your Spanish Fiesta, Tomato fight or Running of the Bulls party; decorate tapas & skewer Sangria garnishes.