Add spirit and state pride with Texas flag toothpicks. Flag toothpicks are an excellent way to add an extra surprise to cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. In fact, you can stick these cute little picks just about anywhere to add color and reinforce your theme for a Lone Star State party.
- 100 count
- Toothpick: 2.5" long
- Flag: 1.5" wide x 1" tall
- Paper flag on wood pick
The official flag of the state of Texas, aka Lone Star Flag, is one vertical blue stripe on the hoist side, which is 1/3 the width of the flag, featuring a large white star in the center; the remaining two-thirds of the flag is divided horizontally with white on top and red on bottom. The Texas flag was originally adopted as the national flag of the Republic of Texas in 1839 and became the state flag in 1845 when Texas became the 28th US state.
The Texas flag blue represents loyalty, white for purity and red for bravery. The solitary star previously symbolized solidarity in declaring independence from Mexico, and represents unity as one for all of Texas for God, state & country. The lone star is also a symbol of the independent spirit of Texas and Texans. The red & white stripes were inspired from the short-lived Republic of Fredonia, where the stripes represented white settlers and Native American tribes. PRODUCT FEATURES:
- The state flag of Texas aka The Lone Star Flag on wood toothpicks.
- The Texas flag features 1/3 vertical band of blue containing a centered white star; the remaining field is divided horizontally into a white and red.
- 100 count of paper flags on wood toothpicks; Flag: 1.5"W x 1"H, Pick: 2.5"L.
- Use flag toothpicks to add an extra little surprise and color to cocktail garnishes and hors d'oeuvres.
- Introduce spirit and state patriotism to national, political and sporting events; skewer cocktail garnishes, cheeseburgers, barbecue, steaks & burritos.