King Tut Mummy Pizza Bites
There's nothing uncanny about devouring this glowering pizza-faced dead guy.
Even picky eaters will eye this tasty tidbit with "wrapped" attention. Always a hit!Prep Time:
1 hourCooking Level:
32 Mummy BitesPRINT
- Baguette loaf
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 64 black olive slices
- Scallions or green pepper
- 12 oz mozzarella slices
Pizza Sauce (no cook)
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1-2 Tbsp oregano
- 1-1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Pepperoni (optional)
Pizza Sauce Directions
- Mix tomato sauce and paste together until smooth.
- Add spices and whisk until blended.
- Adjust seasoning, if desired.
- Optionally, add finely chopped pepperoni.
So little effort, and so worth it!
- Slice baguette into 1/2" pieces and arrange on non-stick baking sheet.
- Spread 1 tablespoon pizza sauce on each piece of bread.
- Press black olive slices into sauce as eyes.
- Slice scallions to fit inside olive slices, about 1/4 inch.
- Cut mozzarella into strips and lay across each pizza bite, varying length to fit.
TIP: Leave small gaps between some strips to make them more visible after baking.
Start conversations, create visual interest, and elevate the party experience with centerpieces on your food serving trays.
Check out more Halloween hors d'oeuvre recipes here...