Add spirit and patriotism with Japan flag toothpicks. Flag toothpicks are an excellent way to add an extra surprise to cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. In fact, you can stick these cute little picks just about anywhere to add color and reinforce your theme for a Land of the Rising Sun, Samurai or Cherry Blossom party.
- 100 count
- Toothpick: 2.5" long
- Flag: 1.5" wide x 1" tall
- Paper flag on wood pick
The official flag of Japan, aka Hinomaru or circle of the sun, is a red disc centered on a white field. The Japanese flag was officially adopted as the national flag for merchant ships in 1870 and was based upon a history of sun-motif flags since the year 701.
Lying east of the Asian continent, Japan has long been referred to as the land of the rising sun, in addition, legend states that the Imperial throne was descended from the sun goddess, Amaterasu. PRODUCT FEATURES:
- The national flag of Japan aka Nisshoki (sun-mark) and Hinomaru (circle of the sun) on wood toothpicks.
- The Japanese flag features a large red solid circle, representing the sun in the center of a white field.
- 100 count of paper flags on wood toothpicks; Flag: 1.5"W x 1"H, Pick: 2.5"L.
- Use flag toothpicks to add an extra little surprise and color to cocktail garnishes and hors d'oeuvres.
- Celebrate Oshogatsu (Japan's New Year); top sushi and skewer limes for kamikazes.