Cute Fly Agaric Inspired Hors D'oeuvres
Bring a touch of magic to any gathering with cute fly agaric mushroom inspired hors d'oeuvres.
This whimsical mini caprese salad combines tomato, mozzarella, and basil with white dots of sweetness for a bite-sized explosion of flavor.
36 Fly Agaric Mushrooms
- 18 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese sticks
- Basil paste
- Writing gel icing, white
Dipping Sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cut mozzarella cheese sticks into 3/4-1 inch long pieces (36)
- Cut 18 cherry tomatoes in half from top to bottom
- Let the tomato halves dry, so the white icing spots stick
- Set cheese stick cuts on their ends to make mushroom stems
- Add a dab of basil paste to the top of each cheese stick stem
- Place tomato-half mushroom caps on top of the basil and cheese stems
- Skewer each tomato cap and cheese stem down the center with a toothpick
- Randomly, add white gel icing spots to the tomato cap
- Alternatively, you may use softened cream cheese and a pastry bag for unsweetened spots
- So little effort for such a charming pleasure that will certainly get noticed. Great for autumn, woodland, and nature themes.
Intermix unexpected surprises throughout your event that engage and delight your guests, leaving a lasting impression.
Check out more nature, lake, and lodge themed recipes here...