Beneath the Waves: Hanging Decorations
Decorate the ceiling and transform the room, we've put together some ideas to lift your thinking for an under the sea theme.
Create an immersive 360-degree experience with floating marine life and underwater elements all around.
Here are some of our favorite ceiling hanging decorations to help inspire your ocean & under the sea themed party planning.
- Create the illusion of sea life swimming overhead with silhouette cutouts of sharks, fish, and/or turtles.
- Designate a "Shark Infested Waters" area with inflatables or cutouts.
- Simulate an underwater experience with hanging foam fish, sea horse ornaments, and/or inflatable sharks, whales, and dolphins.
- Hang blue and green pom-poms or tissue paper balls from the ceiling to resemble floating coral or anemones.
- Dangle strings of pearls & oyster shells.
- Make jellyfish in varying sizes from paper lanterns.
- Mimic tentacles with ribbons, streamers, tulle, and/or fabric, along with iridescent cellophane.
- To make larger jellyfish, attach tentacles to clear or white umbrellas.
- Display a pod of dolphin silhouettes swimming in the distance.
- Use paper lanterns and/or round paper fans to construct hanging whimsical fish.
- String transparent white or champagne balloons in varying sizes to mimic floating bubbles.
- Put a marble inside each balloon to keep them vertical.
- Or, fill with helium and attach to weights on the floor and tables.
- Spray paint foam balls or disks in shades of blue and aqua and hang from the ceiling.
- Alternatively, hang strands of tramsparent plastic balls or acrylic disks for a similar effect.
- Strategically place one or more bubble machines around your venue or hide them behind decorations to make bubbles magically emerge from the sea floor.
Boating & Scuba
- Suspend a scuba diver's legs wearing fins & swim trunks.
- Add mystique by dangling bottles with messages inside.
- Hang boat oars and silver-painted anchor cutouts on plastic chains.
- String banners of Diver Down flags
- Decorate with scuba fins, masks, & snorkels at varying heights:
- Stretch fishing nets with fish, lobsters, starfish, and crabs.
Water & Seaweed
- Group blue, teal, and green ribbons or fabric strips from the ceiling to create a flowing water effect.
- Create hanging seaweed with green streamers, ribbon, and/or strips of organza, tulle, or fabric.
- Simulate refracted light at the water’s surface with twisted blue & aqua streamers.
- Radiate swaths of draped fabric in blue, white, & aqua from a center point.
- Use organza or tulle in ocean colors as a backdrop for hanging tropical fish & colorful sea life.
- Hang blue, turquoise, & iridescent streamers, pom-poms, and/or ceiling swirls.
Maximize your impact with a dazzling display of hanging decorations that fill the space and create lasting impressions.
Check out our complete selection of Ocean & Sea Life decorations here...